Friday, October 14, 2005

Weekend in Chennai

I landed in chennai in the wee hours of 8th. I was awakened with the KSRTC bus conductor shouting, last stop 'ellarum erangunga". I woke up to see that the bus was just entering the Koyambedu bus stand. Opposite was a pondy bus, which was marked with ECR. My shortest route to Thiruvanmiyur...

I reached my friend Nishanth's place at about 6:30-7. Nishanth was awake, that time of the day, I donno how, but we exchanged Hi's and very soon I was asleep again, I donno when Nishanth slept for, when I finally woke up the Chennai suriyan was shining full hot on me and Nishanth was also asleep.

It was 10 when we finally decided to go to breakfast and we went to the nearest tiffin centre, a place called Royal Food Court, boy I have missed the food of this place. But the standards here have been on the decline, expect for the sambhar there was nothing special and nothing nice at all....

We got back home, switched on the TV and then there was a song from Ghajini playing, we wondered, what time is the Ghajini show at Thyagaraja theatre??? 11:30 or 11:45, it was 11 that time, "Ok chalo" we decided and we dressed up and rushed. Share auto to Jayanthi and then hurry burrying to Thyagaraja, we reached about 15 mins late.. But missed no much I guess. Its my 3rd time so cool...

The movie ended at 2 and since we were not very hungry we spent some time at the juice shop close to thiruvanmiyur signal and headed back home. And continued a mid afternoon siesta, I haven't slept in the afternoons in a very long time and I donno how, but it was 5:30 when I woke up...

Nishanth suggested that we see another movie. I asked him what movie. He told me that there is movie called Cave and it seemed to be a good action flick and it would be good to see it. I have always loved good action movies and I like to watch them in cinemas like Sathyam or Devi where the effects and the sounds are like terrific. We started to Devi right away.

I don't remember the last time I had boarded the "1", but I guess it would have been in some time long back when I wanted to go to the railway station, Chennai local transport seemed a lot different to me... We reached Devi in time for the 7 show and settled for that show itself. The movie was ok, the effects was really good and we found a comfortable seating position to view the wide screen experience of Devi.

It was 8:45 when the movie was over and I suggested to Nishanth that we dine at a restaurant called Kurunjhi in Nungambakkam, I had been there for a buffet once with my CTS pals and I wanted to relive that experience. We took an auto to Kurunjhi, but sadly there was no buffet that day. Nishath suggested Anjappar, Chettinadu, that was also nearby and we settled down for a rich and full non-veg meal and was 10 when we walked out of the restaurant.

We started walking, down through Gemini flyover and down the Mount road, I had never walked this way before, and the evening was pleasant and we spent the time like two old friends, our friendship going all the way to the 6 and 7th standards and talked about school stories, college stories et all... We reached DMS bus stop at 10:30 right in time to pick the 19G going towards Kovalam, the bus would drop us off at RTO right at our doorstep...

I had not spent a full day with Nishath in a very loong time and I was so very happy and am sure that he was also beaming... We slept away happily.

Come the sunday and the Sun and with it came the Kiran, my brother doing his Engg at Chennai. I find a friend's relationship with Kiran much better than a brotherly relationship and he also like that much. We finsihed breakfast again at the very old Royal and then I took him out for shopping. He said he wanted some jean pants and I took him to Velachery to a Europa Discount store, he settled for a Pepe jean, a color I would have laughed at, but college is about oddities and I also did not grudge!!! :)

Nishanth was out the day, he has a seminaar to attend to and it was me and Kiran of lunch. Non-Veg he proclaimed and Adayar Durbar it was to be, we feasted on the Hyderabadi dishes there and it was 3 when we were done with the lunch. I wanted to visit Rupa, I had called her up earlier the day and she said she will be home and she insisted that I bring my brother too. She was married here and she lived her inlaws at Selaiyur, almost Tambaram!

I was also very happy to be able to see her, coz last visits to Chennai also I did not visit her. So we started down the OMR, the road that houses the corporates and Kiran marvelled at the beautiful but color color builiding of Cognizant. We took the road to Medavakkam and it was another 45 mins when we reached Rupa's place. Luckily Sriram (Rups Hubby) was also available and he kept us company... Some chat, some karam and some coffee and we left Rupa's place.

When we came back to the room, Nishanth was also there and it was time for Kiran to leave, We took him to the bus stop and boarded him into a pp19 and thats off to Kiran. Nishanth and me went to Woodlands for a bite and then it was 8:30 time for me to leave.... Bus was at 10. Nishanth dropped me at the bus dippo, where I took a Pondy bus going to Koyambedu...

I started sleeping as soon as thge bus started and I woke up only at Bangalore when the bus reached Majestic... Wow, how soon a weekend has been exhausted... Its back in bangalore, a week to go before the break and lots of work to be done...

No comments: